Sometime last year I was nominated for a Liebster Award, but never got around to answering the questions! Recently, I was nominated again twice (here & here) and thought it was about time to jump on this bandwagon. These blogging awards are always fun to read because they provide random facts and insight that probably wouldn’t make it into a singular post, but are interesting nonetheless!
There are so many wonderful bloggers creating insightful and original content, many of whom I’ve shared on various Weekend Link’s posts. I’m going to leave the nominations open for anyone who would like to answer them, because this is a nonexclusive blogging club!
Tag, you’re it!
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what’s it about?
It just came to me one day while I was in the beginning stages of blog planning. I shared my name idea with Jordan and he loved the name as much as I did. As a graphic designer/creative director, Jordan has had plenty of experience helping companies brand themselves so I was relieved to have his stamp of approval! I am actually quite proud of my blog’s name and that it feels really natural. It has two meanings: one, Short is my last name and I’m blonde, and it is a drink at my place of work.
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I always knew this was going to be a “lifestyle” blog. It’s an amalgamation of the things that I enjoy and the writing topics are plucked directly from our life. I strive to be open and honest in my daily interactions, so I knew that this online space would be no different.
3. Random facts about yourself?
- I was home-schooled from 1-12 grade.
- Every summer I went to a two-week sports camp in PA. The days I spent over the years were some of the best in my young life. I wasn’t always the fastest or the strongest athlete, but it forced me to be independent and confident in my abilities. I participated in rock climbing, archery, camping, white water rafting, etc. I hope one day to visit again!
- As a preteen, I wrote down every Babysitter’s Club book I read in a binder to keep track of where I was in the series.
- When I was a teenager, I was a major TV nerd. I would go on fan forums to discuss my favorite couples and latest character developments. I researched any tidbit I could find on IMDB.
- I was a competitive swimmer and coach for my swim club in High School.
- I originally majored in music performance before realizing that while I liked singing in choirs, it wasn’t something I would want to pursue professionally. I finished college with a degree in Psychology.
- Jordan and I have the same birthday. He’s one year older.
4. Introvert or extrovert?
I recently took an online version of the Meyers Brigg Personality Quiz and at first I was surprised by the results, but after further inspection, they are pretty accurate. I am an ESTJ: Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging (Extraverted Thinking with Introverted Sensing).
“As an ESTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.”
5. What is it you love most about blogging?
It’s given me the permission to indulge my creative side and to cultivate relationships with people all over the world!
6. What is one of your favorite quotes and why?
I shared this Nora Ephron quote on Twitter several years ago and thanks to the Timehop app was reminded of it. It pretty much sums of my life. Haha.
“I don’t think any day is worth living without thinking about what you’re going to eat next at all times.”
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
Well, there are many but the Netherlands and Spain are both calling my name. I’d like to stay in Amsterdam, experience the canal culture, and lay on the beaches of Spain. Oh, also Iceland.
8. What are you currently watching or reading?
I just finished The Girl on The Train and am currently reading #GirlBoss, written by the founder of Nasty Gal.
In television, I’ve been watching Younger. It’s a television show on TV Land starring Hillary Duff and Sutton Foster. The show is really fun. Ms. Foster plays a woman who is reentering the workforce in her forties, after being out of the game for about a decade. Instead of trying to explain her lack of experience in today’s workforce, she presents herself as a recent college graduate. Hilarity and feelings ensue.
9. A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
Let’s assume this is in the 5 digit range and not 7 digit, ok?: I would invest a large chunk, use some for a large down-payment on a house, give to some incredible charities, and then go on one of the trips mentioned above. Oh, I would also splurge on a few Pour La Victoire shoes.
10. What is something you do when you need to take time for yourself?
Grab coffee, get a pedicure and read some fashion magazines. Or I’ll watch a few episodes of Gilmore Girls. It’s a comfort show for me.
11. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I see us still living in Nashville, but hopefully in a slightly larger place!
/ / Want to leave a reply?